LOCATION: Modern Living Building
Thursday, September 14 - Sunday, September 17
The Oklahoma State Fair is proud to announce World Showcase – a free to the public, four-day special event featuring ethnically diverse shopping, art, food, cultural experiences, and entertainment from around the globe.
Exhibitors, entertainers and demonstrators representing different geographical regions and ethnicities are invited to apply.
Become a Non-Food or Outreach Exhibitor
Exhibitors whose goods, handcrafted arts or business/educational services represent a unique international region or foreign country (must be outside the 50 United States and District of Columbia, however, may be from a US Territory or US Outlying Minor Island) and agree to abide by the Exhibitor Handbook are welcome to apply.
Non-Food OR Outreach Exhibitors
- must locally make products representative of or import handmade artisan products directly from a foreign country OR represent a business/educational service unique to a foreign country or international culture. Applicants who create or import handmade goods will have priority in the approval process.
- must carry a valid General Liability insurance policy of not less than $1 million and be able to add additional insureds as per the Exhibitor Handbook
- must have workers’ compensation coverage acceptable by the State of Oklahoma or provide proof of exemption acceptable by the State of Oklahoma. Exhibitors required to have coverage that cannot provide proof of coverage or proof of exemption will be required to purchase it through the Comp Source program at a cost of not less than $175.
- must have a Sales Tax ID # with the State of Oklahoma if goods will be sold directly or orders will be taken during the event. For exhibitors who will not engage in direct sales, such as outreach or information only booths, this is not required.
- will be charged $300 for the first 10x10 booth and $150 for each additional 10x10 contiguous booth approved by the Jury Committee.
- Non-food and outreach exhibitors must participate for the full four days. The hours are:
- Sunday, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Friday, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Thursday, 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Become a Food Exhibitor
Entities whose food represents a unique international region or foreign country (must be outside the 50 United States and District of Columbia, however, may be from a US Territory or US Outlying Minor Island) and agree to abide by the Exhibitor Handbook are welcome to apply.
There is no booth cost for food exhibitors to participate. The World Showcase will host a Passport to Taste each day:
- Thursday, 4 – 9 p.m.
- Friday, 4 – 9 p.m.
- Saturday, 1 – 9 p.m.
- Sunday, 1 – 9 p.m.
The public will be able to redeem “passport coupons” for sample or bite-sized food items that should have a rough value of $2 per serving. The State Fair will sell coupons to the public, and food exhibitors who participate for a Thursday or Friday session will be guaranteed $100 or $2 for each coupon redeemed, whichever is greater. Exhibitors who participate for a Saturday or Sunday session will be guaranteed $200 or $2 for each coupon redeemed, whichever is greater. Thousands of Fairgoers will pass through this area daily. Exhibitors may apply to participate in more than one day of the Showcase; each session will be tallied and paid independently. Payments for participating will be made after the conclusion of the Fair, but coupon receipts will be tallied daily. Exhibitors may market their permanent food location or mobile truck and hand out coupons or other information regarding their business in addition to providing tastings. The number of daily booths is limited, so apply early.
- will NOT be permitted to sell drinks unless they are unique and specifically pre-approved by the Jury Committee and are of the “sample” size. (No bottled water, sodas, regular juices, or energy drinks and absolutely no alcohol)
- will be provided a booth (either 10x10 or slightly larger) from which to serve, with back drape (8’ high), side drape (3’ high) and one skirted table for the front of the booth and one plain table for the back of the booth from which to serve and finalize the prep for approved menu items. A communal handwashing station will be provided by OSF. All other equipment, such as microwaves, serving utensils, utensils the public will need to eat the item (i.e., spoons for soups etc.), hand gloves, small refrigeration, etc. must be brought in by exhibitor.
- who have a mobile kitchen may be provided onsite outdoor space to cook to keep up with public demand. Exhibitors cooking offsite will be provided one pass to come and go through the restocking gate to the building to resupply as needed. Cooking, using gas, deep fryers, standard ovens, open flames, or other such devices, will not be permitted inside the building.
- will leave their spaces clean at the end of the daily tasting.
Applications for all exhibitor spaces will be reviewed by committee via a jury system. Those who apply by the deadline will be given priority over any late applicants. To receive full consideration, all required documents and information must be provided at the time of application. Please review the Exhibitor Handbook to ensure you know what must be submitted via the application link.
THE JURY DEADLINE IS APRIL 26, 2023, AT 5 PM.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THIS DATE WILL BE PLACED ON A WAITING LIST.
Please read the Exhibitor Handbook prior to applying.
World Showcase Exhibitor Handbook
Family of Five or Fewer Exemption Form
Workers Compensation Coverage Application
For questions regarding participating as an exhibitor, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Demonstrator or Entertainer
Individuals or groups that have an educational or entertainment presentation will be able to apply for timeslots throughout the 4-day special event on the stage or in the specialty areas. More information and the timeslots available will be posted in June. To make sure you are on the list to be notified when the information is available, please email Morgan Chappell at email@example.com with your contact details and the type of entertainment or educational/informational demonstration you provide.